Open Records Counsel Inquiry Process
The Office of Open Records Counsel serves as a resource for citizens and governmental entities that have questions or concerns related to the public records and open meetings laws in Tennessee. Use this on-line inquiry/complaint form:
- to submit a question about the law on public records or open meetings,
- to request assistance with an existing public records request,
- to request educational outreach or participation in training on public records or open meetings,
- to make a request for records held by the Office of Open Records Counsel, or
- to submit an open meeting complaint.
Note: Please attach any document related to your inquiry. By submitting your detailed inquiry in this manner, we will be able to respond most effectively. This form is not to be used to request records held by any custodian other than the Office of Open Records Counsel. The Office is not a clearinghouse for record requests and will not forward your request to the correct custodian.
Be advised that your submission, including your contact information, is a public record.
News & Updates
- March 1, 2017: Office of Open Records Counsel and Advisory Committee on Open Government Report to the General Assembly
- Click here for the Model Public Records Policy and updated policies and guidelines
- Notice and Agenda for December ACOG Meeting
- New Appointments Made to the Advisory Committee on Open Government
- March 1, 2016: Office of Open Records Counsel and Advisory Committee on Open Government Report to the General Assembly